Decking Builder Glasgow
Call us For a Free Quote
Glasgow Decking Services offers decking services across Glasgow Scotland. For ten years, we have been offering top-class services to both commercial and residential customers. Through efficient management, our decking builders offer professional and reliable home improvement service. Whether you need patio decking construction or timber deck installation, our specialists are here to help.
Without the right team, no project can be successful. For this reason, Glasgow Decking Services employs only high-trained and qualified carpenters in their respective disciplines.
We deal with both timber and composite decking boards. For wood, we can design and install both softwood and hardwood decks board.
We have experience working all across the City of Glasgow and surrouning areas, from Bearsden, Newton Mearns, Clarkston, Shawlands, Giffnock, West End, Anniesland, Jordanhill, Milngavie, Scotstoun, South Side, West End – we cover it all!
At Glasgow Decking Services we care about providing the best quality work for our customers. Though all products and deck installation services are of superior quality, we offer 10-25 years warranty on our decking installations.
Why Choose Us?
We take pride in the work we carry out, therefore our number one plan is to ensure all customers get what they pay for. Choose us for the following reasons:
- Expert services in decking installation including landscaping, paving, garden deck installation, extensions, and patio decks
- Combining reliable service and cost-effective products for all the customers
- We use pressure treated timber/tantalised to withstand weather changes and insects
- Innovative, durable and eco-friendly composite decking material
- Warranty lasting up to 25 years
- Wide range of looks – designs and colours
Sustainability: we recycle both plastic and wood to create standout composite decks. Still, our wood decks are constructed from timber that is sustainably sourced to preserve the environment.
Quality: all our products are built from high-quality materials, ensuring that what we create will last for a lifetime.
Value: provide support and solutions from concept to conclusion so that projects
Wooden decks always pack a traditional but natural look with a range of colour variations available.
You can choose between softwood and hardwood. Though hardwood decks are more durable than softwoods, both are susceptible to weather elements.
For instance, cold, rain, wind and sunlight can make your timber deck weather, discolour, warp and weaken. Specifically, softwood usually turns from original colours to silvers.
UV rays from the sun degrade wood by weakening lignin, the structure of the cell and the bonds holding cells resulting in cracks.
On the contrary, too much water causes timber saturation resulting in softness—this resulting inevitable drying and weakening of wood.
We treat our timber against insects and fungus, and we make it water repellent.
Pro’s Of Timber Decking
- Ethically sourced and certified timber
- Has a natural feel – it’s warm, soft and beautiful.
- Easy maintenance – Pressure treated softwood timber and hardwood is long-lasting. Only requires treatment with decking oil yearly.
- Will last you a lifetime if maintained properly
”We are very grateful for our new deck that was built by Glasgow Decking Services! We booked them to install composite decking in our garden. The service was great from start to finish – would recommend 100%!” Sarah S. Newton Mearns
These guys did a great job installing our new garden decking at our home. The composite finish looks great and it’s so easy to look after – and looks just like wood! Would recommend these guys to anyone. Joel S. Giffnock
Composite decks are created from a mix of wood and plastic, and offer a stylish and offer a contemporary look for your garden.
This type of decking offers multiple styles and colour choices, and requires minimal maintenance.
Most property developers in Glasgow Scotland embrace decking construction because:
- It will neither click nor split even in sunny conditions
- Has a layer of UV protection that protects the composite material from the sun of summer heat
Why Choose Composite Decking:
- Low maintenance and hard-wearing. It is weather-resistant and you don’t need to worry about painting it or resealing it every few years
- Doesn’t absorb water since it has two layers of polypropylene
- Kind to the environment since it uses wood wastes and plastic – 100% recyclable
- Comes in a range of colours and finishes for a more contemporary look
- Slip, stain and scratch-resistant, making it pet and kid-friendly.
“The team at Glasgow Decking Services were fantastic! Our new composite decking is top quality and was completed within 2 days. Very quick, professional and at a great price. Thanks again guys”
Sarah G, Clarkston
“Great bunch ofguys. Great quality work. All. done on time and we are delighted with the finished product…Thanks for the new garden decking guys!” Barry K. Shawlands
Deck Maintenance – What is Involved?
- Most deck materials don’t need a lot of maintenance, however it’s important to keep on top of them every now and then
- Once per year we recommend a thorough clean of your decking using a stiff brush or else scrubbing them
- All screws, nuts and bolts should be checked and maintained as well, ensuring none are loose
- If decking is older, and/ or has been neglected, then a pressure washer may be needed to properly clean the wood. However please be aware too high a pressure could damage the material, so a lower pressure may be optimal
How Long Does it Take to Install a Decking?
The average installation will take 1 to 2 days depending on the size of the job, materials involved and how many people working on it.A small garden around 15m2 may only take 2 days, but for a job which requires removal of existing decking and shrubs etc, excavation, could take up to 4 days.
Is decking a good idea?
Decking is a splendid way to extend your building’s living space. Typically, it offers an extra social space ideal for children playing, entertaining, dining, or relaxing. Simply put, it’s one of the most attractive additions that can be made to a home at an affordable cost
Is decking cheaper than paving?
The cost of decking material is lower than that of paving material. Moreover, the construction cost of decking is lower than paving.
However, the maintenance cost of pavers is less than decks. Besides, pavers may never need replacement like decks.
How Much Does Decking Cost?
A typical decking project can cost anywhere from £1,000-2,000 and normally takes 2-3 days to complete. This is variable depending on the materials and size of the area. The most popular types of decking are either pre-treated softwood or hardwood which would be more expensive and durable. For softwood, an area of around 15m2 would would be approx £1,000 whereas the hardwood material could be £2,000 for the same size area.
Average Cost for small garden 15m2
Softwood – £1,000-1,200
Hardwood – £1,500 – 1,700
Composite – £1,900 – 2,000
What Type of Decking is Best?
Softwoods such as pine and spruce will be the more cost effective option, but must be properly maintained with a wood preservative — as should any cuts in the wood. Cedar is an ideal softwood choice, being more weather-resistant.
Hardwoods have seen a growth in their popularity recently, with species such as oak and teak giving a stylish and modern look and feel, while also offering plenty of durability — which is essential for a good looking and safe decking.
What is the best decking material?
Both wooden decks and composite decks are currently popular options for decking. But the best decking material should perfectly suit your space. Therefore, you need to strike a balance/compromise between budget, ease of maintenance, climate, and overall aesthetic.
Contact Us Now!
So if you’re in Glasgow and looking to renovate and in need of a deck contractor near me, why not book us to design and construct you a high quality decking for you to entertain friends and family and bring your home to life!
We cover all suburbs from Shawlands, Newton Mearns, Clarkston, Paisley, West End, Hillhead, Anniesland, Bearsden, Milngavie, Partick, Scotstoun, Ibrox, Govan, Giffnock and South Side.
Call us now for a free quote and we’d be happy to have a consultation and discuss the project!
** Disclaimer – This website is owned and managed by a 3rd party marketing agency. All enquiries are carried out by local contractors. All liability sits with the contractor who carries out the work.